The Columbia Economics Review is the biannually circulated undergraduate economics journal of the Department of Economics at Columbia University. We are looking for seminar papers, research papers, theses, etc., on all fields related to economics. Our goal is to give undergraduates at Columbia and other universities throughout the world the opportunity to publish their research in a premier undergraduate academic journal.
Papers should be emailed to email@example.com. They can also be submitted online here: columbiaeconreview.com/submit/.
Please read our submission guidelines thoroughly before submitting a paper. We will not review your paper if requirements are not met. You will be contacted to re-submit under the requirements.
Eligibility & Guidelines
Paper submissions must be from current undergraduate students or recent graduates. The submissions should meet the following requirements:
- The content of the paper (not including the bibliography and extra data tables) must not exceed 40 pages. It is the author’s responsibility to trim down their work prior to submitting it.
- Include the author’s name and university, acknowledgements (if relevant), and image files of all graphics or tables used in the paper. All images should be included in the paper and separate files (e.g jpeg) should be submitted alongside the paper.
- Any spreadsheets used should also have relevant data linked.
- Not have already been published in other journals. By submitting, you give CER the sole right to publish the paper and make any edits that we see fit. Please do not submit to other academic journals.
- All manuscripts should be submitted in PDF format with 1.5 line spacing. We strongly recommend manuscripts not exceed 40 pages (not including the bibliography and extra data tables). The suggested length includes reference lists, figures, and tables. Submit the .tex file if LaTeX was used). It is the author’s responsibility to condense the thesis prior to submitting the documents.
- Please use 12-point Times New Roman or similar font. Margins should be 1.5 inches on the top, bottom, and sides.
- Include an abstract of 100 or fewer words
Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to submit your work as soon as you have turned in the final version to your department.
Any paper submitted to The Columbia Economics Review must NOT be under consideration for publication by any other journal. All submitted papers must represent original work and give proper credit to the work of other authors, as it pertains to the submitted paper.
Plagiarism is unacceptable. If, upon review, the submitted paper is deemed to have an unacceptable amount of plagiarized material, the paper will no longer be eligible for consideration.
Thanks to the generous support of the Department of Economics at Columbia University, there is no submission fee for papers.
We reserve the right to review or reject manuscripts that have been previously rejected by CER. Furthermore, CER reserves the right to reject papers without review.
Selection Process and Publication
CER has a team of senior editors and editors who are selected for their academic accomplishments, superior writing skills and research experience. All submissions will be reviewed rigorously and we will select the papers best exemplifying strong analytic thought and originality. Please visit our website for past publications: www.columbiaeconreview.com
We will notify selected authors after the final decisions have been made. We appreciate all contributions. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.